ISU Parent and Family Programs
Iowa State University Parent and Family Programs serves all Cyclone families by promoting parent programs and communicating university resources to enhance students' experiences and success at Iowa State. Informational resources and services sponsored by the ISU Parent and Family Programs are open to all parents and families of students enrolled at Iowa State. It is an auxiliary organization of the university affiliated with the Dean of Students Office.
ISU Parent and Family Programs provides several communication strategies for parents and families to stay informed.
- Parents' Advisory Line - Call 800 772-8546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice or assistance.
- Relatively Speaking electronic newsletter - subscribe here to this monthly update highlighting student experiences and campus services.
- Parent and Family Programs Website - This site provides access to a variety of resources and services for parents and families.
- Parent and Family Programs on Facebook - Share pictures and advice with other members of the Cyclone family.
- Family Handbook - Important information distributed to new students and families during June Orientation.
Parent and Family Programs also sponsor a scholarship program, supports Cyclone Family Weekend, and volunteers with June Orientation. It is a volunteer organization and is alway seeking new volunteers who want to get more involved in individual events or activities (such as Family Weekend or June Orientation); as well as those seeking a more active role by attending advisory board meetings each semester.